February 2, 2009

Mets are very much into Oliver Perez!


Hope everybody had a great Superbowl weekend. Sorry for the lack of posts this weekend, I had computer problems but they are all fixed and we shouldn't have anymore problems.

The big news today is that the Mets have signed Oliver Perez to a 3 year contract valued at $36 million dollars. There was rumor of a 4th year vesting option but no credible sources have confirmed that.

The Mets might have gotten a great steal for the services of Oliver Perez. Ollie has the potential to throw a no hitter. He's 27, just coming into the prime of his career. With Ollie signing the Mets front 4 of the rotation looks like this:

Johan Santana
Mike Pelfrey
Oliver Perez
John Maine

Tim Redding, Freddy Garcia and Jon Niese will be battling in Spring Training for the 5th spot. From where I sit behind my laptop that is a sweet rotation.

I still think the Mets need to go out and sign another outfielder and if it's not Manny why not Bobby Abreu or Adam Dunn?

I also wouldn't mind another left hander in the pen like Joe Biemel but with the rotation set and the addition of K-Rod and Putz the Mets have had I think a pretty good if somewhat quiet off-season. I can't wait for Spring Training.

No comments:

Post a Comment